A selection of games that I have created or contributed in.
top secret project
- Working on an unannounced project at Kuato Studios
Role: Game Designer | Duration: January 2021 – Present | Professional Role
Play as an elite spy in this upcoming VR assault course game.
- Integrating art and code being created across whole game.
- Marking up game objects within game as part of integration.
- Writing C# scripts for selected prototype ideas.
- Paper and digital prototyping variants for existing and new gameplay mechanics.
- Liaising with leads to prioritise new content based on scope and finessing existing content.
- Using project-specific tools to greybox layouts and mechanics in line with briefs provided by senior designer.
- 3D Level creation & balancing.
- Brainstorming and pitching design ideas to team in line with briefs provided by senior designer.
- Helping to improve management tools by highlighting areas of inefficiency and suggesting improvements.
- Implementing gameplay using Udon Node Graphs, tweaking where relevant.
- Using in-house tools to integrate gameplay.
- Creating documentation for new design decisions and implementation guides in wiki.
- Working remotely with the team and other disciplines.
- Regular QA and playtesting, including bug report and assigning bugs to relevant discipline on HacknPlan.
- Creating tasks, time logging in HacknPlan.
Role: Junior VR Game Designer | Team size: 5 | Engine: Unity | Scripts: C# | Platform: VR | Duration: May 2021 – November 2021 | Professional Role
On-the-fly character switching puzzles exploring father-daughter bond.
- We’re OK is a story-heavy puzzle platformer where the player can weaken or mend a broken father-daughter bond by completing or skipping puzzle segments.
- All assets were created by me (except music & SFX).
- Design: gameplay and balanced levels, 3 camera viewports using Cinemachine.
- UI Design: splash screen, start menu, in-game menu, narration system, win/lose screens.
- Narration Design: exploring a father-daughter bond in a backdrop of losing a terminally sick family member.
- C# Scripting: movements, UI updates using triggers, using playerPrefs, character toggle system
- 2D Art: characters, environment, narration bubbles
Role: Solo Game Developer | Genre: RPG | Team size: 1 | Engine: Unity | Assets: Affinity Designer | Scripts: C# | Platform: PC | Duration: October 2021 (2 weeks) | Game jam (New Beginnings)
What if Coldplay’s “Fix You” song was about missing children?
- Mr & Mrs Pie is an upcoming story-heavy platformer where the player follows a couple looking for their missing child.
- Being made in collaboration with Missing People.
- Designing gameplay, levels, storyline and UI.
- 2D Art: characters and environment.
- UI Design & Programming : Start menu, in-game menu.
- Animations: frame animations, environment animations.
- C# Scripting: movements, UI updates using triggers, collectables.
- Camera scripting and dampening.
- Released prototype.
- Contacting players for initial playtesting.
- Sharing development progress on social media.
Role: Game Developer | Genre: 2D Platformer | Team size: 1 | Engine: Unity | Assets: Affinity Designer | Scripts: C# | Platform: PC (WebGL) | Duration: May 2021 – Present | Collaboration Project
A jungle-themed 3D platformer MOD made with Unity LEGO Microgame.
- Added event triggers and gameflow logic using behaviour LEGO bricks
- Assembled LEGO bricks to make 3D models using Bricklink Studio 2.0
- Added occlusions culling, skybox, particle effects
- Level design: reimagining new gameplay ideas using existing code, reusing assets to create different environments, strategically placing props to guide player through game
- Narration design with various side characters
Role: Game Designer | Genre: Adventure RPG | Team size: 1 | Engine: Unity | Assets: Premade & Bricklink Studio 2.0 | Scripts: | Behaviour LEGO Bricks | Platform: PC (WebGL) | Duration: Nov 2020 – December 2020 (2 weeks) | Game jam
“Knives Out”, but it’s cats.
- Worked in a remote team
- 2D Character art (including expressions, environment and game logo)
- Designing clues and how it would be implemented in storyline
- Designed moodboard
- Created itch.io page
Role: Game Artist & Clue Designer | Genre: Narrative Suspense | Team size: 3 | Engine: Unity | Assets: Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo | Platform: PC (WebGL) | Duration: June 2021 (3 weeks) | Game jam (Only entry)
pUT PIECES TOGETHER TO MAKE BOXES AND THEN SMASH THEM.
- Approached developer of game to playtest after seeing it on LinkedIn.
- Playtested game and wrote review report.